The Rumbler

Monday, November 17, 2008

The Best Runner-Up Ever









I WILL ROCK YOU LIKE A HURRICANE!!

A true vocalist is one that is able to produce musical sound by only using his/her voice. I do both.

Song is judged by:

  1. Audience reaction
  2. Vocals
  3. Karaoke Ability (reading and staying on pace with lyrics)
  4. Entertainment
  5. Overall Ability

Terms of the contest:

  • Top five singers on the 5,000 passenger cruiseliner
  • Must sing entire song
  • Song choice must be different than previous round
  • No backup singers

Song Choice: Livin' On A Pryaer by Jon Bon Jovi

Reason for song: Based on a midnight society focus group this song was hand selected to fit my style and voice range.

Favorite moments:

  • Wardrobe (pants were hand stitched by Allision and Spencer Davis) -- They were perfectly restitched. Backstage the top stitch came out and I had to take a dancers bobbypin and twist it through to sinch it together. I was worried I wouldn't be strong enought to pull it out.
  • The moment I roundhouse kicked the audience from the stage
  • The summersault after the roundhouse kick
  • Forgetting the lyrics altogether
  • Singing the same line 12 times

Performance Goals:

  1. My overall strategy was to rewrite the lyrics to be a love ballad between Me and Judge Monica.
  2. Leg as a guitar during rockout scene
  3. Pull off pants
  4. Jumpkick, roll into summersault
  5. Step on edge
  6. Extend hand towards audience
  7. Powerslide
  8. Splits
  9. (open for on stage inspiration)

New Lyrics Actual Lyrics
Judd has a really hard life Tommy used to work on the docks
He works so hard Union been on strike
He’s looking for a wife, its tough He’s down on his luck, its tough

So Tough So Tough

Monica is looking for a man Gina works the diner on 8th
I sing so good Workin for the man
Take me home to mom and dad, its love She brings home her pay, its love

For Love For Love

CHORUS

Says she’s got to hold on to
What we’ve got
Doesn’t make a difference if we
Make it or not

We’ve got eachother
And that’s a lot fooooor looove

We’ll Give It a Shot!

Whoooa we’re half way there

Whooo Hoo – We’re livin’ on a prayer

So take my hand, we’ll make it I swear

Whooo HOO We’re livin on a prayer

Judges Response:

Final Results: I took second place and lost by one point to an Idahoan Country singer. Who, I might add, never even attempted a powerslide or the splits.

Glamour Shots (By ALLISON DAVIS)

7 Comments:

Blogger Marcie said...

This just makes me soooo happy!

1:59 PM  
Blogger Spencer Davis said...

This was almost the single greatest moment of your life. The split was my favorite part. The ladies should deffinately be impressed with your flexability.

3:33 PM  
Blogger JRC said...

OH My! Juddy, your courage and confidence is amazing! It was better than Bon Jovi could have done it.. :) I am sorry you didn't win.. Question, did you PACK the bike pants thinking you could maybe NEED them? or BUY them while on the cruise??

7:45 PM  
Blogger 3703 said...

Thank you Marcie, you being there made it complete.

Sman, TJ told me the same thing a year ago, except he said something like "that'll never happen again".

I wish I would have had the foresight to pack tights. It was spencer and allison's idea to have removable pants with tights underneath. Allison let me stretch out her workout pants.

8:45 PM  
Blogger hairofgold said...

One of my favorite parts was the clear sound of a lady's voice saying something "take his pants off" something. I must say an excellent performance and I think the guy who won was probably having relations with judge Monica, cause there can't be anything better than what I saw.

10:51 PM  
Blogger Amber said...

ahhhhhaaaaaaaaahhahahahahahahahahahPretty much the funniest thing I have ever seen. Any time I need to laugh I can just think about this moment on the cruise!! Thanks for the good laugh!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3:00 PM  
Blogger Cicely said...

You got screwed.

7:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home