The Rumbler

Saturday, August 16, 2008

Grande Mof Tarkin

For those that don't want to read about fingernails, you may be interested to know that I am currently reading the biography of Peter Cushing.

Peter Cushing is/was best friends with Christopher Lee (Saruman, Count Duku, Dracula, Sherlock Holmes etc.)

They have both been in countless classic horror movies and have both played Dracula and Sherlock Holmes.

Peter Cushing won me over when I saw him in the Sherlock Holmes movie, the Hound of Baskerville.

Here is a fun fact about Grand Mof Tarkin. The boots originally made for his character were too tight on his feet, so Peter asked George Lucas if he could just wear slippers. The next time you watch Star Wars try to find his feet.

Here are some pictures of him:









5 Comments:

Blogger Jayme said...

Very interesting, indeed.

6:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is spelled Grand Moff Tarkin. Thanks for the bit about the slipppers, I think I knew about that when I was eight. His feet were actually a wide 12.

9:05 AM  
Blogger Spencer Davis said...

Actually Gothem_6, it is very widely known that the character of Grand Moff Tarkin wore a wide 12, but Peter Cushing wore a long 14. BTW, I was like 7 when I learned that.

11:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Darth SPencer, where did you find that? BTW, I've read your blog, so don't try to refer back to it as a source.

12:45 PM  
Blogger Spencer Davis said...

Gothem_6, WTF? How dare you question a Dark Lord of the Sith. But if you must know, I asked the super computer, Shalmanasser, and it told me.

11:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home