The Rumbler

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

As Seen On TV

I've most likely come to a parade near you.

As a two year veteran of float driving I found it time to appease my readers with some pictures from the usual Saturday morning side-gig. For those first time readers, you should know that I moonlight as a float driver for Provo City. My numerous parades include, but are not limited to:
Orchard Days
Freedom Festival
Summerfest
Steel Days
Days of 47
This post is a special one. As per our six month tradition here at http://www.therumbler.blogspot.com/, its time for the reader-response email blog!! (yay)
(side note: Readers, remember that you have half a year to submit your comments, questions and requests.)
Due to the overwhelming number of questions and emails regarding my float driving, I've decided to bridge reader-response with summer float driving.

Anonymous Reader 1: When will you post about your float driving?
Mr. Rumble: Right now.

AR88: Love the blog, favorite post so far is about the deodorant, umm, how did you become a float driver?
Mr. Rumble: I was going to say that it was easy, but it wasn't. Though I don't think float driving really solves the crises of our age, it has taught me that parades can be full of dangerous propaganda. Now that I think of it, you should skip the parades.

AR 218/219: My wife and I have been talking about how much we'd love to see some pictures of you in action, we saw you on TV over the 24th of July, but our HDTV wasn't working so we weren't sure that it was you. Could you post some pics.
Mr. Rumble: Yes. Thanks for watching the televised parade. Here you go:


AR7: I saw you on TV, do they really make you wear a tuxedo?

AR19: Saw you on TV, were you dying in that black tux?

AR11:Nice driving, we got you recorded on the DVR, camera loved you man.

AR3: Was that you on float number 97? Well done.

Mr. Rumble: You are all great reader-responders, yes they do make me dress-up, it was hot and I am very happy that your DVR worked. AR3, your math is way off, please refer to picture number 3 (above bottom) then you will see the correct float number; you should take a course in geometry.

On a health note: in the words of Boethius "not only have they no cures for his pain, but with their sweet poison they make it worse"

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know whether or not to believe you. For all I know you are taking a class in photo shop. I would like to hear a witness confirm that you are a float driver.

9:04 AM  
Blogger Marcie said...

Wow! I can tell you are a precision float driver! Or something.

p.s. Look at my picture, am I a blogger, or what?

10:52 AM  
Blogger 3703 said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

11:11 AM  
Blogger 3703 said...

Marcie, your intuitive skills are accurate and I am very impressed by your ability to read a photo.

I must admit that on the previous parade we did lose the head to the horse. It fell off as I drove over a pot-hole. All the kids noticed. Other than that my driving is flawless, I am yet to lose a beauty queen.

11:15 AM  
Blogger Goldie said...

I agree with 'cleaver skoop', and i am not sure the "questions/requests" were real either....
I do love the tuxedo shirt

2:41 PM  
Blogger 3703 said...

I don't think you're real.

3:10 PM  
Blogger Marcie said...

You 'lost' the head of a horse?! Was this a 'Godfather' float?

7:20 AM  
Blogger Emily said...

Mary would like to know when she can go in one of those:) I think she wants to sit on your sparkly float with all the "princesses".
Very cool!

8:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home