The Rumbler

Wednesday, July 09, 2008

My Telepathy is Bigger than Yours

Here's a prompting question, do we have a right to the privacy of our thoughts?

Today's blog entry is on the discussion of Telepathy.

For years Earth humans have been using their five senses to communicate with eachother.

I personally prefer the mouth and hands as my means for communication
(if you know what I mean)
-- yes -- verbal and manual signals to stimulate thought in order to come to an understanding with another human.

So the purpose for speech may be to be able to reach a point of understanding, or it could be that we want to share a portion of our thoughts, or that we want to manipulate the thoughts of another (discussions for another day).

Telepathy is about two years away. For now I can secretly tell you that it is in production and that the key idea did in fact come from me. It's not for the money though.

Many of you have already asked me: "How can you develop telepathy?" or "Aren't people just born with it?"

I will tell you in a very simplified way, please read below. As far as being born with it, maybe someday, assuming human progression/genetics are able to keep up with my charts. For now only Betazoids are known to have this gift.

HOW TELEPATHY IS BEING BUILT


Bluetooth wireless connectors are being placed on the right inner-cranial lobe of small rodents and long-term prisoners. The connectors are linked to a secured wi-fi internet router. So instead of thinking, they just have to think and the bluetooth connector transmits their thoughts! Testing will probably go on until casualties are limited a bit.

It hasn't worked yet, but that's why I don't think it'll go public for a couple of years.

Given the technology, would you be ok with somebody bluetoothing your thoughts or do you think we should install limited filters?

Or, would life just be easier if we didn't have deceit, or fibbing, or falsification of communication?

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think empathy is a form of telepathy.

10:43 AM  
Blogger 3703 said...

I was afraid of this. Please make comments relevent to the post. Empathy is not telepathy.

11:57 AM  
Blogger Spencer Davis said...

anonymous must have a very high "emotional IQ." People with a low IQ usually tell themselves that they have a high emotional IQ to make themselves feel better.

I myself look forward to blue tooth telepathy. I think the next step should be to install them on the prisoners in guantanamo bay. Not only will we futher the techmology, we will also be able to pull critical intel out of the terrorists that are there.

1:37 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

Humm...what inspired this blog entry? I think if I were to choose to have someone read my thoughts or not...I would choose to not, it's more mysterious that way.

3:29 PM  
Blogger 3703 said...

Yeah, EQ's are the used cars of an IQ -- excelent point Darth Lord.

I imagine that we should still test Domestic Prisoners before we get the implants on those captured by the Patriot Act. I'd hate to lose some important intel.

B.E.G. - welcome to the blog, rule number 1: never question the blog.

As for not wanting to telecommunicate, its ok for now, but you should start looking to the future.

3:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great post except for the fact that you completely neglected to mention: VULCANS, JEDI and the WHITE QUEEN. No bother, just that they are the most important of all telepathic beings.

5:09 PM  
Blogger Bournes said...

Judly. I think those that refuse the exploration of telepathy have something to hide...dark secrets. Telepathy would eliminate everything I despise...deceit, players, liers, and most importantly salesmen and marketers!!! Plus, on a personal note, I would FINALLY be able to tell if Phil likes my cooking or if he's just saying so.

6:24 PM  
Blogger Elyse said...

Fascinating post Juddy...on a side note, i KNEW you were going to post about this before you did it.

My question for those who are against telepathy and other means of surreptitious communication....What do you have to hide that you dont want me seeing things ultra personal to you? If there's nothing to hide, you have nothing to worry about.

10:11 AM  
Blogger Marcie said...

HUH? Can you read my thoughts right now?!?!? I'm sending the strongest thought-rays ever!

12:26 PM  
Blogger 3703 said...

Gotham_6, welcome to the blog, were you invited? Who is the White Queen?

10:26 PM  
Blogger Mike Blakesley said...

I heard that the CEO of Enron was secretly working on telepathy and that is why the government shut him down and created that fiction about embezzelment.

Rumbler, I am sad to see you dismiss anonymous's comment about empathy so quickly. Wasn't it Deanna Troy in episode twenty-eight of season three of the Next Generation who proved that human-betazoid offspring are limited to "emotional interaction"? As empathy is the ability to feel a sense of what someone else is feeling I would say that empathy is telepathy. (you can also check out episode five of season seven at www.startrekgeneration.com/episode/rommseven

12:25 AM  
Blogger 3703 said...

Bournes: I think those type of people will still exist with telepathy.

But remember this, not all thoughts are factual or true. I could think in fibberies.

Also, as far as I am aware most forms of telepathy do not allow a person to rummage through anothers past memories.

The type I have developed is more or less just a new way to make a phone call. It just requires less talking

Mr. GPA: Did they teach you the difference between being psychic and Telechinetic in law school?

Nama Marcie: Please increase your thought rays, maybe turn the dial to 11. I think I k now what you're saying though, and I agree.

8:53 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

We owe you an MWSBF waterbottle and Coke. Sorry, I came home with them in my purse.

Thanks again for playing with Grace and for the ponies you gave her. She loves them!

2:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home