The Rumbler

Sunday, June 01, 2008

Ughgh, I am so sick of Drying my own hands

Friday evening I went to my local international Aiport to pick up some luggage which was held back due to "suspect - merchandise"; it contained 6 exotic and highly volitole bottles of Iowa brewed root beer (which of course were packed in my dirty undies). Before I claimed my parcel I quickly slipped into the restroom where I tinkled and rinsed my hands with one of these:











Hands free senser-fauset
After rinsing my hands I electrically soaped-up using one of these:











Hands free soap dispenser

Finally, after i lathered and rinsed, simply by the motion of my hand, I turned to get them dry and found one of these:











Hand sensor paper towel dispenser

To wash my hands I used three non-touch gizmos.

I rinsed and soaped and received a paper towel without pushing buttons or levers.

It was in this moment of wadding the paper around my hands that I realized how sick I was of doing it myself. The first few parts of sanitation were so easy and now, I decided, I want it to be easier.

I want a machine where we stick our hands, or feet, inside of it and they are scrubbed and dried without us having to do it ourselves.



12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You always think you are so smart.

I would never buy that.

8:26 PM  
Blogger 3703 said...

Hurah D, you obviously have never had to wash your hands

8:27 PM  
Blogger Amber said...

Your post reminded me of a new automatic hand dryer Erin and I have encountered at a movie theater here in NY:
http://www.dyson.com/about/story/airblade.asp

I believe it would complete your sanitary experience.

7:22 AM  
Blogger 3703 said...

The airblade is great, I have never seen that before.

It apparently took them 3 years to create, I will have to fly out and go to a movie.

Darth, your bodies level of antibodies probably supercede your mediclorian count

8:44 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

I'm proud of you for washing your hands Judd. We teach little kids to sing their "abc's" while they wash to make sure they wash long enough. Maybe this could help make the experience more enjoyable.

1:16 PM  
Blogger 3703 said...

maybe we could microchip the robots to say them.

Any other songs you teach, so as to add variety?

1:47 PM  
Blogger Ashlee said...

You are on top of things.

9:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I came across your blog and find it slightly odd yet fascinating.

Looking forward to some more though.

Cheers,

CM

10:11 PM  
Blogger tjcool18 said...

Did you really use the word 'tinkle'?

2:21 PM  
Blogger 3703 said...

yes, I was very excited to mix it in, and think that it flowed nicely.

3:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

such a thing exists. i've experienced in the ladies bathroom on the very most bottom floor at the university of utah. you stick your hands in, (pray nothing rips them off), let the technology do it's magic and gain five pounds from taking part in such sloth.

8:21 PM  
Blogger Mike Blakesley said...

Maybe you should look to the canines for some help and learn how to lick your paws clean.

5:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home