The Rumbler

Saturday, August 16, 2008

Scratchable

I own nail clippers but you know what, I have not used them in at least 6 months.

So what does this tell me? Either my nails never grow and have remained perfectly trimmed. Or, perhaps, I am so good at biting them that I do not even know it is happening.

Here's the other item of question: Since I bite my nails, what happens to the part I bite off? Is it randomly spit, chewed, swallowed? Who knows. . .

Assuming the long nail is nibbed to proper size and then spit away, how long is it in the carpet until it decomposes? I would think that it would be kinda off-setting to know there are tons of little pieces of finger or toe nails just hanging around.

According to a .edu science page, it takes a toenail 12-18 months to fully decompose. Though only a few seconds if you use arsenic.

So get this, fingernails can be an indicator and gateway to knowing your health status.

If you have:
Yellow Nails
Opaque Nails with a Dark Band
Spoon Nails
Nail Separation
Nail Pitting
Nail Clubbing
Beau's Lines

Then you need to see a doctor as these are nutrition and disease oriented conditions.
The Spoon Nails are my favorite and would make the best conversation piece.







8 Comments:

Blogger Allison said...

I have always been a biter. A few years ago I made a deal with myself to only bite my thumb nails. That way I can still pick Sman's backney with out leaving nail marks. I think it is a nice compromise, don't you?

12:51 PM  
Blogger Ian said...

I once taught a guy down in Argentina who had total alien fingers (bulging at the fingertips). He was nice, but one he started talking about "the dark arts," we decided it was time to leave. I always assumed his bulbous alien fingers were a result of said dark arts, but now I learn that I may have been too judgmental and that it may be a nutrition-related problem. Live and learn, I guess.

9:17 PM  
Blogger Goldie said...

thats pretty gross.

10:16 AM  
Blogger Melissa said...

I'm gagging...

5:23 PM  
Blogger Spencer Davis said...

Didn't you rip your finger nails off so that the government couldn't trace you anymore?

11:15 PM  
Blogger Marcie said...

SICK!!!! Euwww! I am requesting you cease all communication about gross nails. If you want to see some pretty cute ones, I have them!!

10:40 AM  
Blogger 3703 said...

No, I think it was you who convinced me to rip them out. But, I must admit there has no longer been any government tracking since then

9:18 AM  
Blogger 3703 said...

Ian, I bet the dark arts taught him to eat unhealthy items, probably some sort of crazy potions, and that is why he has bad nutrition. Which would be the reason for his bad nails. So, it is still good reason to not practice the dark arts.

Just look at Darth Spencer's nails.

9:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home