The Rumbler

Thursday, September 04, 2008

Headless

I am a very skilled driver.

So as you can see, the head fell off on the way to the parade.


I am not a carpenter.

The remnants of my handworks include the two slabs of wood with the screws sticking out and the head of the horse lying on the ground. I don't know whether to curse gravity or to curse county parades.

I drove this 80 foot float from Orem to Payson, which is like 80 miles away. I actually think its around 40, but when you drive 35mph without a windshield, it feels like twice as far.

The best part was that the parade started at 10am and by 10:15 it was hailing and raining. I hade on a sweatshirt and shorts and was stuck between Lehi City's Country Music Carriage and the Provo City Marching band.

It took me an hour and half to make it out of the parade, even when they canceled it and all of the applauders were running back into their houses; I froze.

Even my beauty queens bailed.

11 Comments:

Blogger Melinda said...

I hate it when my horse's head falls off. That is the worst.

If I were guy, I'd hate it when my beauty queens bailed on me.

6:39 AM  
Blogger 3703 said...

Melinda, welcome to the blog!

I know! It is the worst, and they are so hard to put back on.

Don't worry I will make them pay for their decisions.

8:20 AM  
Blogger JRC said...

I am sorry you had such a traumatic experience Juddy! It WAS bad weather last weekend! Gotta LOVE onion Days.. Oh by the way.. TAG.. LOL.. thecartersclan.blogspot.com :)
Jennie

2:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Juddy, you are seriously the best driver. Except when you almost knocked us over when you took those pictures.

P.S. There are only two parades left, so you could probably stop hitting on us.

4:14 PM  
Blogger Spencer Davis said...

It looks like one of the chubbier beauty queens, probably the 3rd attendant, sat on it and broke it. It was nice of you to try and cover for her, but we all know the truth.

Parade season is another reason that I hate Utah County.

5:13 PM  
Blogger Mike Blakesley said...

Judd, I am pretty sure that you were wearing mom's sweatshirt.

10:41 PM  
Blogger 3703 said...

Jennie, I don't know what it means to be tagged. Sounds Like a game.

ABQ: You are probably the one I didn't flirt with.

Darth Lord: Your assessment of the damage cracks me up, I should have used a different kind of wood to make it hold more weight.

Mike: You must have turned your head and enlarge the picture.

You are correct in your assumption.

11:37 AM  
Blogger Goldie said...

Why won't the parades end?

2:29 PM  
Blogger 3703 said...

Goldie, be patient there are two more until parade season ends.

2:32 PM  
Blogger hairofgold said...

Curse county parades. County fairs are where its at.

10:26 PM  
Blogger 3703 said...

You cannot have one without the other.

8:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home