The Rumbler

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Momma Said Knock You Out!

My Weekend with Darth Spencer and Wife was wonderful.

Passing out in the Rec Center and losing a tooth . . . sucky.

This last weekend, Friday, September 12thish, I went to St. George to spend time with my godson and his family.

Highlights of the weekend include:
  • Saving Owen J's life as he was kicked into the pool P
  • laying racquetball with Darth Spencer
  • JiuJitsuing. DS's burgers
  • Having Allison take my picture
  • Hearing Owen tell me that Eli was too little to walk
  • 3rd row seats at the Ultimat Combat event which was themed North Versus South, or in other words: St. George Versus the world
  • Spencer telling Owen to jump on me and then dealing with that for the next 35 minutes
Me at My Finest:

DarthSpencer gave me a personal invite to his Dojo to practice Jiu Jitsu. I have always been a huge fan of martial arts and could not pass it up. For those of you who have not seen Spencer in his Gee, then please enlarge the picture below:

Inside the Dojo, DS taught me the basics of Jiu Jitsu and left me to spar with the others. It was during this time that the I was hit in the face and lost my tooth. How did it happen? Some Yokle hit me too hard and I had to tap out for fear of choking on my molar. So I quickly took my tooth out of my mouth, tossed it in my shoe and kept fighting (jiu jitsuers don't fight with shoes-I suggest fighting them in the street cause they will either have to take them off or will feel awkward wearing them).

After an hour of fighting and being choked and submitted and tossed around, it was time to go. I bowed, put on my shoes and stood up to go outside. My head went fuzzy and I had to sit down. Moments later my body shut down, probably due to shock and I passed out. Here is where the Hero of the story comes in. His name is Darth Spencer. He has truly become a ninja warrior or something because as I fell he caught me, eased me to the floor and with the same breath he was able to slide his Gee under my head thereby rendering me safely to the floor unharmed.

That is my story, I left everything I had on the mat that day.

6 Comments:

Blogger Marcie said...

Wow! What a tale of heroism at it's finest! My heart was in my throat during the entire reading of this amazing story. I wonder, can you tell me if that's the same feeling as having your tooth in your throat? And what happened to the tooth? If you start looking hideous and toothless, you may need to move to the deep south. (I know, stereotyping).

11:51 AM  
Blogger Spencer Davis said...

J. Rumbler, thanks for reminding everyone how amazing and talented I, the dark lord of the sith, truely am. I am a first degree white belt after all.

But I must say, the real hero of the weekend was you. I was so happy and grateful that you saved my son after my female so carelessly kicked him into the pool. Don't worry, we will always remind Owen that you saved his life and that he now has a blood debt to protect and serve you. Hopefully he will be as loyal to you as Chewbacca was to Han.

2:08 PM  
Blogger Katie @SwimBikeQuilt said...

Wow. That's twice you have passed out after a "heroic" sporting event. First racquetball, now this, eh?

4:09 PM  
Blogger JRC said...

Ahh Juddy! At least it was a molar and not a front tooth! Could they fix it! I LOVED spencers picture!

12:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rumbler.
I thought it prudent to remind you to send me the molar tooth so that i can complete the DNA tests that you have requested. I know that we have long suspected traces of elvish decent in your bloodlines, and i do believe with the tooth we will be able to accurately confirm our suspicions. thank you in advance.

10:58 AM  
Blogger 3703 said...

Marcie: It was an epic tale of love. Your heart in your throat is the same feeling I felt when I watched Where The Red Fern Grows. . .when Dan and Ann died. And spencer's heroics could be represented as the Red Fern which grew.

DS: Thank you for reminding me of my moment to shine. Owen must always be reminded.

Katie: When I was passed out in the hall, the gymnastics guy came over and asked if I was ok and then asked Spencer if I have ever fainted before . . . Spencer said no ( I think he was referring to the fact that I have never before fainted after playing Jiu Jitsu in St. George).

JRC: It is fixed and all better. Spencer's Kung Fu picture is the best. He emails it to all of his opponents before they fight. I think he sent one to ryan surprise and postdated it.

Jacquers: I thought to call you immediately. I've always thought of myself as to having connections with the woodland realm. Can I sent you a toe or a finger instead of my tooth?

7:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home