The Rumbler

Friday, September 12, 2008

Red Box Etiquette

Important Item of Discussion
Should there be ground rules for using a RedBox video rental?

Top Five Conveniences of a RedBox over dwindling video stores:

1. It costs a dollar a day
2. You can rent while you fill your gas tank or buy your bread and butter
3. No wasted aisle browsing
4. Machine-human interaction
5. 



Top Five Grievances:

1. The wait time is the same whether there is one person or 12**
2. Limited supply of "hot" DVD's
3. The machine is very un-robotic
4. You have to wait in line to return the DVD
5. They will all go out of business once Blue-Ray and LaserDiscs take over
6.

You will notice that on both the positive and negative views I have left the last number empty.  This is a psychological tactic used to subconsciously allow the reader(you) to create your own opinion.  Free-thinking and progression have long been the platform for the rumblerblog.

**One person, usually female, can take hours browsing for movies.  Darth Spencer commented that girls should not take forever because when renting at RedBox you should already have an idea of what you want.  

Other research has confirmed that if you are alone then you have the right to click around for as long as you would like, but the moment someone comes behind you, it is time to make your $1.00 decision.

On a future note: Prepare yourselves for the Rumbler's top ten most favorite exotic animals that can live at home with you anywhere.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is soo funny because it brought back this angry memory of a girl standing in front of me at the RedBox. She flipped through EVERY movie title page and then would read the info on EVERY movie and then there were about 5 more people behind me waiting and she didn't even care. It was like she felt as if she had an entitlement to take forever and we had no reason to be mad.

8:41 PM  
Blogger 3703 said...

Julia H: I agree, I think it should be understood that if you want to browse then you should go to Blockbuster V or Hollywood.

Or, if you feel the need to browse, you have as much time as you'd like until someone else gets in line, then you have 60 seconds.

9:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would consider your post a failed psychological experiment.

10:55 AM  
Blogger Goldie said...

why do you hate women?

1:42 PM  
Blogger Spencer Davis said...

Rumbler-
I would say that a definite downside to going to the Redbox is checking out. when I check out at a blockbuster or a hollywood video, I get to hear the opinion of the teenage workers behind the counter. i always love hearing what these young, aspiring, film makers have to say about my film selection.

2:26 PM  
Blogger Marcie said...

I am afraid of Red Box! And now I know why. What if you were behind me snapping your fingers to get me moving?! I would freak-out! Lots of love, M

2:29 PM  
Blogger 3703 said...

G-Unit: Simply put I love women, complexly put, I hate women who try to use RedBoxes.

Sman: The best movie response I got was at the time that I rented Over The Top and both guys were jumping for joy. They were instantly able to cite key phrases of the movie.
*spoiler*
They loved the part where Sylvester Stallone flips around his hat and say that it is a trigger, like a light switch that he turns on and becomes like a machine.

They also loved the bearded arm wrestler who drank motor oil before his match.

Marcie: It'll be a sad day for you when Blockbuster and Hollywood Video go out of business. I would probably be forced to start pushing if you took too long.

2:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home